I enjoy programming and contribute to a variety of open source projects. You can try browsing the programming languages I use. Here's a list of some of my own programs:
- liquorice 2018-. eDSL/Library for algorithmic Doom map construction.
- github2gogs 2018-. Short script to mirror a user's GitHub repositories to a private Gogs instance.
- HWadTools 2017-. Small little Doom utilities written in Haskell.
- BadISO 2016-. Forthcoming tools for investigating corrupt ISO9660 images.
- Chocolate Doom 2015-. A Doom engine that aims to accurately reproduce the experience of playing the original DOS game.
- Just TODO it 2006-.a trivially simple TODO list manager.
- WadC 2008-2017. A programming language for building maps for the computer game Doom
- Punctual 2017. A simple shell prompt system.
- InkFoundry. 2015. Tool to manipulate Doom
- vcs-lint 2015. A script to check for common problems with version control repositories (especially those of Debian packaging)
- dsafilter 2006-2012. a mail filter for annotating Debian Security Advisories (DSAs) with personalised information (e.g. does this DSA affect you?)
- mail archiving 2011. "Detachment": Systems to help with managing email attachments
- rdifffs 2010. A virtual filesystem for
- greasemonkey 2007. scripts for improving the usability of Debian mailing list archives
There's a list of retired projects and half-coded ideas that I am unlikely to continue with at shelved.
- doom: some C code for parsing Doom 'WAD' files, including a proof-of-concept virtual filesystem.
- endian: some ruminations on the correct way to handle endian-ness in C
- jonsubst.pl: a substitution filter for the irssi IRC client (Perl)
- c design patterns: the beginnings of a collection of "Design Patterns" common in C source code
Writing about software
- More than you ever wanted to know about pitch-shifting
- tab killer
- software configuration management
- FOSDEM 2020 timetable
- Shared notes and TODO lists
- Use the Twitter web view
- WadC 3.0
- multi-coloured Fedoras
- Red Hat shell prompt
- Backing the wrong horse?
- Announcing "Just TODO It"
- Announcing BadISO
- WadC 2.2
- Blinkstick and Doom
- WadC 2.1
- WadC 2.0 released
- Sound effect pitch-shifting in Doom
- Deterministic Doom
- What have I been up to?
- Office suite UI and creativity
- UKUUG and FLOSS UK
- Possible future coding project
- Backing up Twitter tweets and mentions
- Backup Data Mining
- mail archiving script
- announcing RDiffFS
- my first attempt at hacking on Linux: a story
- The Next Mainstream Programming Languages
- mass thumbnailing