The motivation is partly due to a lack of modern simple tools, but mostly an excuse for me to practise my Haskell.
You can grab them from https://github.com/jmtd/hwadtools.
The tools included so far are
- lswad -- list the directory entries of a Doom WAD file
- waddiff -- compare two WADs
- wadxtract -- split a WAD file out into constituent lumps and recipe (very alpha)
- wadcat -- concatenate 2 or more input WAD files into an output PWAD
- wadstats -- statistics e.g. number of nodes,linedefs,sectosr, or types of things on given maps, in YAML format
Forthcoming tools that are not finished yet are
- wadbuild -- (re-)assemble a WAD from a recipe and constituent files
Future tools I might write include
- hbsp -- a node-building tool
- hwadc -- some kind of Haskell-powered successor to wadc
Suggestions for other tools are welcome!