WadC is a programming language for the construction of Doom maps. The current version of WadC is 1.2: (zip).
You can get the WadC source code from github.
WadC was originally written by Wouter van Oortmerssen (Aardappel). Aardappel's historic WadC web page and version 1.1 are available at http://strlen.com/wadc/.
New in 1.2
- Doom features:
- friendly flag - toggle boom friendly monsters
- impassable flag - toggle impassable 2s lines
- midtex flag - toggle middle-textures on 2s lines
- new examples:
- 1.2_features.wl - demo the new features above
- entryway.wl - a recreation of Doom 2 MAP01 in WadC, thanks GreyGhost
For the most part, WadC is very rarely updated. The following have been considered and may happen one day:
- A verbose tutorial
- convert the lisp-style lists example into a re-usable library routine
- improve or at least diagnose and report issues running wadc in non-Sun JREs
- decouple the compiler from the UI, so as to provide a command-line compiler
- investigate feasibility of altering the way sector lines are chosen so as to make chaining stuff together easier (i.e., if you choose a line already assigned to a sector, instead of dying, try another line which terminates at the same vertex — but ensure we remain deterministic)
- compiler optimisations
- Contemplate a rewrite in Haskell